The Department of Endocrinology, drawing on the strength of Sun Yat-sen University and the discipline advantages of the 7th Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, is now staffed by 11 specialists (1 chief physician, 3 attending doctors and 7 residents), 2 with doctoral degrees and 9 with master degrees included. In the first phase, our department is as planned, to open 35 beds with leading-edge diagnostic and therapeutic equipment such as scanning glucose monitoring system, insulin pump, peripheral vascular diagnostic system and visceral fat analyzer, etc.
Scope of diagnosis and treatment：
1. Metabolic diseases: Diabetes, Obesity, Hyperuricemia, Dyslipidemia, etc.
2. Thyroid diseases: Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Nodules, Thyroiditis, etc.
3. Adrenal diseases: Hypercortisolism, Primary Aldosteronism, Pheochromocytoma, Adrenal Cortical Dysfunction, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, etc.
4. Hypothalamic Pituitary Diseases: Pituitary Tumor, Dwarfism, Hypopituitarism, Insipidus, etc.
5. Other diseases: Hypoglycemia, Parathyroid Disease, Growth Disorders, Electrolyte Disorders, etc.
Characteristic clinical techniques：
Based on the major conditions, endocrinology department has teamed up 3 groups of professionals for patients with metabolic diseases, thyroid diseases and pituitary-adrenal-gonad diseases. Our specialists take a multi-disciplinary approach in diagnosis and treatment to make individualized evaluation and management for difficult and severe diseases. We also work closely with the Department of TCM, Nutrition and Digestive Medical Center of our hospital in attempts to achieve early intervention and differentiated management of obesity-related diseases. A complete set of thyroid laboratory tests, fine needle aspiration and microwave ablation of thyroid nodules is made available here. At our department, with a team of specialists greatly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of obesity-related hypogonadism (menstrual disorders, infertility, etc.), female hyperandrogenism and male hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, we are always making great efforts to improving medical care and patient experience.